|It is to be stated that the college Library is functioning since the establishment of this institution, till date the number of the Library collection increased as: Book 12,205 as on March 2016 (of which almost 70% are unique title) and total back volume of Journals are 2293 with the help of the grant provided by State Govt. and University Grants Commission both.
Donated books: Apart from the above statement, books are donated (and is being donating) generously by the alumnus, faculty members, authors, publishers & others, which enrich our collection and the number of donated books as on date are 198 (as per current record). We are receiving books by foreign authors and publishers also.
Journals: It also takes pride in having a good collection of old Art Journals, rare volume of library items and so on. Presently Library is procuring one current Journal viz. ‘ARCHIEVE’ through our vender.
Old & Valuable Report: Library is proud to have some century old reports also which attracts the researchers throughout the country.
Library hour: Monday to Friday 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. and 11 p.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday (except holidays). However it is to be noted that, no books are issued on Saturday.
Lending facilities: Regular student, faculty members, college staff can borrow books for home use.
Open Access system: This is one of the important features to the readers. They can move every corner of the Library as their wish and search the required document by their choice.
Reading room: The Library has reading room facilities and can accommodate at least 25 readers at a time here.
Dr. Shyam Sundar Kundu (M.A., M.L.I.S., Ph.D.)
Librarian/ Govt. College of Art and Craft, Kolkata.
Shri Shapan Kumar Roy, Librarian Attendant
Shri Mahamood Ahmed, Librarian Attendant
- Books are issued and returned at any time in between the hour of opening and at least half-an-hour before closing the library.
- Students are providing library cards by submitting their admission pay slip and two copies of recent passport size photos between the library hours. Library cards are not transferable.
- Special collection or rare copies of books are not lent out to readers.
- Readers are not allowed to carry bags, pets etc. within the library.
- Undesirable or unauthorized persons shall have no access to the library.
- In the library, users shall observe all basic and elementary principles of library ethics. Conversations, talking, sleeping, smoking, loitering etc. are not allowed in the library.
- No users shall bring any non-members into library, nor shall lend library books borrowed by him/her to others.
- Every user shall be held responsible for the safe custody of any library item borrowed by him/her for the study. Before issuing, they are requested to examine carefully that the item has in good condition and all pages are available inside in the items. The user shall be held responsible for the loss, mutilated or damaged of library items at the time of submission.
- Users found defaulters in respect of returning library books, violation of rules, may be denied facilities of the library for the time being or forever.