GCAC is a co-educational and unitary college affiliated to the Calcutta University. It is a public sector organization funded by the Govt of West Bengal, under the Director of Public Instruction, Ministry of Higher Education. The college is recognized by the U.G.C. (Govt of India) with a permanent affiliation since 2007.
The teachers and other staff are recruited directly by the Govt of West Bengal, following the reservation norms for SC/ ST/ OBC and other required qualifications.
The Principal heads the college in collaboration with the teachers' council and different elected bodies of students and teachers, for looking after different aspects of governance, negotiation, development and management.
The final decision on any internal matter is taken in a democratic way within the college.
The Director of Public Instruction (D.P.I.) is the final authority to settle or deal with any administrative/financial matter.
Rules and Regulations
- All students must read and comply with the rules of the course as contained in this prospectus and with the official notices appearing from time to time on the notice boards.
- Students of the college shall abide by the rules and regulations at present in force and that may hereafter be made for the administration of the college and shall do nothing either inside or outside the college that will interfere with its orderly administration. Guardians/Parents are presumed to have agreed to the rules when their wards join the college.
- No student shall be on the college premises without an identity card, which must be produced whenever demanded by any member of the staff.
- The students must provide themselves with their own materials. The authorities are not responsible for the loss or damage to the property of the students.
- Students are required to attend the college regularly and punctually, unless granted leave of absence by the relevant authorities. They are liable to be fined if found habitually late or irregular.
- All students must have 75% attendance in under-graduate level and 65% attendance in post-graduate level of the possible number of working days in the year.
- The college authorities must be informed of the reason for any absence.
- The medical certificate from a competent physician/ surgeon/ hospital/ medical officer is a must, in support of any absence on medical ground.
- An absence on other grounds (death in a family, natural calamities, accidents, etc) can be considered on a humanitarian ground, by the principal, if it is informed in time and with proper proof.
36 reputed artists and academicians looking after different subjects of specialization in theory and practical lessons, comprise a Students:Teacher ratio of 13:1.
- Shri Sougato Das
- Shri Samaresh Chaudhuri
- Smt Oindrila Maity
- Shri Tarun Kanti Rakshit (UDC)
- Shri Ranjan Kumar Bhowmik (Cashier)
- Smt. Shanta Chakraborty (Grade 1, Steno Typist)
- Shri Silbhadra Seal (Grade 1, Typist)
- Smt. Alpana Das (Matron)
- Shri Abdul Salam (Press Man)
- Shri Sovanil Roychowdhury (LDC)
- Shri Radha Gobinda Sarkar
- Shri Ratan Sutradhar (Carpentar)
Service and Maintenance Staff
- Shri Gobordhan Biswal
- Shri Lakshman Singha
- Shri Ajit Kumar Bhanja
- Shri Narayan Ch. Podder
- Shri Tapan Karmakar
- Shri Sripati Pal
- Shri Dhananjoy Mondal
- Shri Chandi Ch. Khara
- Md. Soharab Ali
- Mahamood Ahmed
- Shri Swapan Sen
- Shri Dolgobinda Bhuiya
- Shri Prafulla Mahar
- Md. Hassan Imam
- Shri Ramendu S. Seth
- Shri Kartick Ch. Naskar
- Shri Bankim Bhuniya
- Shri Bishnupada Bhuniya
- Shri Prabhat Biswal
- Shri Mrinal Kayal
- Shri Subal Bhuiya
- Shri Dhrup Dosad
- Shri Naran Karmakar
- Shri Tarak Mukherjee